If you’re already eating hemp seeds on a regular basis, you may want to consider adding hemp protein powder to your diet as well. Hemp protein powder comes from grinding the hemp seeds into a fine powder and can be used just like any other protein powder you purchase from health food stores. Most times it is mixed with milk in the blender for a shake or added to smoothies.
Benefits of Hemp Protein Powder
Just as with hemp seeds, hemp powder is rich in nutrients and is a complete protein food, which means it contains all essential amino acids that our bodies need. By including hemp protein powder in your breakfast smoothie you will boost your energy level for the entire day. Hemp protein powder benefits include:
- Ingesting the perfect balance of Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Easily digested and doesn’t cause issues for those with lactose intolerance.
- It is in a convenient form to bring with you on the go to add to your food at any time.
- Includes more fiber than most milk or whey protein powders.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties and reduces muscle aches, making it great for athletes.
- Has no cholesterol unlike other protein products like whey or eggs.
Serving Up Hemp Protein Powder
There isn’t just one single way that you can introduce hemp protein powder into your diet. You can also increase the nutrients in your shake or smoothie by adding other things to the blender such as fruits or vegetables. Adding these things will also make your shakes a bit tastier as well.
While mixing your protein powder with milk is great for a quick breakfast shake, you can also add your protein powder to your other foods as well. Try mixing in a bit of the powder into your oatmeal, sprinkle on your toast or eggs, mix it in with your soup or toss a spoonful into your favorite baking recipe.
Buy Hemp Protein Powder from Amazon
Hemp Protein Powder Recipe
I get a lot of great smoothie recipes from YouTube and found this one that I tried this weekend and had to share it with you guys. It uses coconut sugar which I absolutely love and of course some hemp protein powder. If you give it a try let me know what you think!