You’re going to want to Pin this one, so go ahead…do it. You know you want to.
I’ve been trying out some awesome recipes lately that include hemp as a main ingredient and have I got a whopper for you guys. This one is filled with good stuff…and by good stuff, I mean chocolate, and of course hemp! So if you’re ready for a dessert or a quick snack as you walk past the fridge now and then you will love this chocolate and almond hemp bark recipe.
You can print of the actual recipe below to keep for your files but here are a few pictures to give you some direction.
Here are all the ingredients you will need for this chocolate and almost bark.
I’ve never found an organic chocolate I’ve just loved and one that my kids would eat, but the Nestles Toll House semi-sweet morsels are tasty and the ingredients include sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, milk fat, soy lecithin and natural flavors. Not organic, but noting in there that I don’t know what it is so kudos to Nestles!
Start off with either a double boiler, or if you don’t own one (like me), just a pot filled with water and a glass bowl in it will work just fine. Start by melting the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of coconut sugar together in the bowl. Stir until it’s all melted down and them dump in 1 cup of hemp hearts and 1 cup of almonds. Mix it all together until everything is coated.
Once you’re ingredients are good and mixed, spread the mixture out in a thin layer on a baking sheet covered in foil and sprayed with some non-stick spray. You can also use wax paper, but tin foil is what I had in my house. It worked great.
Stick the pan with the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator for about 2 hours until it’s cold and fairly hard. Remove it from the fridge and you should be able to lift the foil from the pan and the chocolate should peel right off the tin foil in one piece. Now comes the fun part! Start breaking up the chocolate pieces into random broken shapes. Don’t worry, nothing has to be perfect here.
Store your chocolate and almond hemp bark covered in foil or in some plastic-ware in the fridge to keep it cool and from melting. Enjoy at will!
Chocolate and Almond Hemp Bark
This delicious chocolate and almond hemp bark makes a fantastic dessert or a quick snack on the go. It's a great way to get your daily dose of hemp nutrition!
- 1 Cup Organic Hemp Hearts or Natural Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 24 Ounce Package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Melt 24 ounces of chocolate chips in double boiler along with 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- Once melted pour in 1 cup of hemp hearts and 1 cup of almond slices. Mix until coated.
- Cover baking sheet with tin foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto the foil making a thin layer.
- Place baking pan in refrigerator for 2 hours or until chocolate is cold and hard.
- Remove chocolate from pan by lifting tinfoil and peeling it from the back of the chocolate.
- Break up the chocolate into random shapes pieces to make the bark.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Hemp Informer https://www.hempinformer.com/