Have you ever wondered about how to make homemade hemp milk?
I currently purchase Living Harvest hemp milk for my husband who is lactose intolerant and I’ve developed quite the addiction for the vanilla hemp milk for myself. Add to that the children of the house who have come to love hemp milk and you can be sure we are going through hemp milk at a face pace.
Buying hemp milk as a replacement for cow’s milk can of course get expensive and if you want to try various flavors, that can make things ever more expensive. To save money or if you just want to experiment with different flavors, why not learn how to make homemade hemp milk yourself? It’s quick and easy and the only ingredients you need are hemp seed, purified water and your own natural flavorings. I prefer to make the vanilla hemp milk most often so if you’d like to follow this recipe you will want to pick up some vanilla bean powder as well as a natural sweetener such as your favorite honey or agave syrup. Of course if organic isn’t a requirement for you, you can use standard vanilla extract instead.
As a side note, hemp milk isn’t going to taste like cow’s milk. The first time I tasted hemp milk it was like grabbing a Dr. Pepper but tasting Coke when you drink it. Hemp milk may look like cow’s milk but the taste is lighter, more of a mild nutty flavor and not very sweet unless you add plenty of your own sweetener, which I recommend plenty of if it’s your first time making hemp milk. Trust me though, you will love hemp milk after you stop expecting to taste cow’s milk.
Other items you will want to have on hand:
Give this homemade vanilla hemp milk recipe a try and come back and let me know what you think of it.
Update: Someone asked in the comments about the nutritional value of hemp milk and I wanted to come back here and update, I’ve written an article that covers exactly that. So click here to read it now!
Homemade Vanilla Hemp Milk Recipe
An easy to make and delicious recipe for making your own vanilla hemp milk.
- 3 cups of purified water
- 1 cup of hemp hearts
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of agave syrup or honey for sweetening
- 1/2 tablespoon of organic vanilla powder (can add more to fit your taste buds)
- In your blender, add purified water, hemp hearts, agave syrup and vanilla powder.
- Blend at a high speed until fully liquified, about 90 seconds.
- (Optional) Using your milk nut bag, pour the liquid through the bag to strain it into your hemp milk storage jug or bowl. You can skip straining and drink the milk as is, using the left over hemp seeds in the milk for added protein.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can make thicker or thinner milk by adjusting the amount of water used.
- Be sure to stir it or shake if you used a jar for storage, between uses since there are no additives to keep the milk from separating.
Hemp Informer https://www.hempinformer.com/